Sunday, September 9, 2012

Slaughterhouse - Goodbye (Remix) (Feat. Fat Joe)

 



Sad news emerged athte end of August when the world lost a pioneer in the hip hip industry. RIP Chris Lighty. Salughterhouse released a song in his memory which also features Fat Joe.  Chris Lighty was the founder od Violater Records and helped launch the careers of many of the greatest artists such as  Nas, Ja Rule, Mobb Deep, Missy Elliott, L.L. Cool J, and 50 Cent. He served as Sean "Diddy" Combs'.  The respects poured out all over Twitter and here is what many in the industry had to say. 

Via Twitter:

50 Cent: “I am deeply saddened by the loss of my dear friend and business partner Chris Lighty. Chris has been an important part of my business and personal growth for a decade. He was a good friend and advisor who helped me develop as an artist and businessman. My prayers are with his family. He will be greatly missed.”
Rev Run: R I P to the kindest guy Chris Lighty. Thank you for being a manager to Diggy & a part of our family.. You are loved & will be missed
Diddy: R.I.P. Chris Lighty. He Was A Dear Friend Of Mine And I Still Can’t Believe It.
?uestlove: Man, I’m really sorry about Chris Lighty. Such a nice guy to me & my band. May God rest his soul. Peace to his family.
Big Sean: RIP Chris Lighty. my condolences to the family and loved ones.
Yo Gotti: R.I.P 2 My Manager CHRIS LIGHTY
Brandy: R.I.P. Chris Lighty! This is such a shock:( My heart goes out to his family and friends.
Diggy Simmons: Still in shock.. More than just my manager but my family. Love you and gonna miss you Chris. R.I.P
Keyshia Cole: Sad at the amount of influential people we’re losing to suicide!!!!! Damn man!!! Come on!!!
Talib Kweli: Rest in peace Chris Lighty. Your words and your vision are constant inspiration to me. Forever.
Nicki Minaj: Another tragic & inconceivable loss for the culture. #RIPChrisLighty
Rihanna: Rest peacefully Chris Lighty, my prayers go out to family and loved ones! Dear God please have mercy
Marsha Ambrosius: RIP Chris Lighty. Prayers to family and loved ones.
Big Boi: RIP Chris Lighty
DJ Khaled: R.I.P chris lighty!! Chris is hip hop, a friend & a gr8 person! When I came in the game he acknowledged me from the beginning & aspired 4 me 2 B gr8! Chris always wanted 2 help everyone! & did! Much luv 2 the family & my prayers R w/ them!
Ludacris: R.I.P. Chris Lightly who always had the best energy every time I had an encounter with him. He will be missed
Chuck D: R I P Chris Lighty SMH to the mongrels that have made the BLACKmusic industry a depressing game to drag such good cats into a pit of bullsht





No comments:

Post a Comment