Monday, April 9, 2012

DJ Jazzy Jeff & The Fresh Prince - Ring My Bell [HQ]






On Mondays I like to find a song that has been used or rerecorded by a different artist than the original artist. I call it Covers.....Today I am featuring the infectious disco hit "Ring my Bell" the original was sung by Anita Ward and in the early 1990s Dj Jazzy Jeff and the Fresh Prince better know as Will Smith covered the song. They rapped to the track and changed the words around. While I like both versions, one has a disco beat the other a rap beat, credit has to be given to Anita for such a great song period!!!  "Ring My Bell" was the second single released from DJ Jazzy Jeff & The Fresh Princes fourth studio album, Homebase. The song sampled and shared the same name as Anita Ward's 1979 hit, "Ring My Bell", though the original lyrics were replaced by those written by the Fresh Prince (Will Smith). Nevertheless, The songs original writer, Fredrick Knight was sole writer who received writing credits, Source:Wikipedia.   It is a corny yet clever cover of a great disco hit. I like this version but the original cannot be touched! I give this cover two thumbs way the hell up!! Enjoy!!

No comments:

Post a Comment