Friday, November 25, 2011

Jason Derulo - Fight For You (Official Video)



"Fight for You" is a new song included on Jason Derulo's sophomore studio album "Future History".I am reading many comments about how Jason Derulo ripped off Toto's Africa song....how the hell do people know that he ripped off a song..what kinda of stupid assumption is that? I hate people accusing people of stealing other people's song. I see this as Jason Derulo using a classic song in the background. I like the video, finally we need to see that love is worth fighting for no matter how society sees it. I am really feeling this video and the meaning behind it. I give two thumbs way the hell up for this song and bigger thumbs up for the video. Enjoy!!

1 comment:

  1. 'Background'? Come on. Not only was he ripping the music, half the lyric is lifted straight from Toto's music. If you are so against using the word lifted I'd suggest you use the term 'foreground' rather than 'background'. ^^

    As for me, I'm sticking with 'ripped off'. But then all Art forms generally are full of people being 'inspired by' the work of others, aren't they? Is Art generally one big rip off? 8P

    But it raises the question - where is the line drawn between 'inspired by' (or to use your term 'background') and having been 'ripped off'?

    Where I stand is if an artist uses another's work in their own, they should always include an appropriate disclaimer acknowledging the original artist's work. For eg, if a music video - then flash a readable acknowledgement of the original artist and song in the corner for 5 secs. Or if on a CD or similiar put an addendum on the title - example (insp. by Toto's Africa). Hell they are willing to do it for 'featured' artists, why not do it for artists they are ripping off?

    ReplyDelete