Wednesday, June 22, 2011

Chioke Dmachi - Boyz Don't Cry



“Boys don’t cry” is a mantra for all youth, particularly young men, have been forced to condition themselfs with. This has resulted in the oppressive social norms that have become a staple in our society. The lyrics are not only socially relevant but emotionally explosive. Chioke Dmachi wrote Boyz Don’t Cry to inspire, uplift and encourage others who at times feel they are unheard and misunderstood. The overall message of Boyz Don't Cry is freedom of expression, a message which echos throughout his debut album F.L.I.
(Source) ReverbNation


He reminds me of to 80's artists we used to have before the thug image and lifestyle was pushed down our throats and we somehow accepted it.  I would say he reminds me of Jesse Johnson, Andre Cymone and the Fine Young Cannibals.  His style and image is what we need in music.  He is saying something that matters so I know the mainstream conformists (bullys) will find something bad to say about him.  I love him!!! Two thumbs way up!!!!!!!!!!! Enjoy!!

No comments:

Post a Comment