Wednesday, July 13, 2011

Ice Ice Baby - MattyB Raps feat. Vanilla Ice




Just when you thought this song was out of your mind for good, like a bad faded memory. Vanilla Ice has made a resurgence with MattyB remaking "Ice Ice Baby" I know Vanilla got alot of negative hype when he came out but I remember people jamming on the song until they found out he was caucasian. I don't know what the big deal was, we are all born with vocal cords so should't all races be able to have the ability to sing? Anyway he hit the industry when this fake ass keep it real and got to be from the hood or streets campaign hit people's brainwaves. He kept it real to me, he rapped what he liked. So now its 2011 and Vanilla Ice looks the same acts the same and is the same person. So who is really real?  Here is what Ice had to say about the track back in 1990  "The way I do stuff is to go through old records that my brother has. He used to listen to rock 'n' roll and stuff like that. I listened to funk and hip hop because rock wasn't really my era. But having a brother like that, well, I just mixed the two, and he had a copy of 'Under Pressure'. And putting those sounds to hip hop was great."  I think this is a cute video and I say two thumbs way up!! Enjoy!!

No comments:

Post a Comment