Tuesday, July 19, 2011

Joe Black - "Take You Home" vs Lisa Lisa & Cult Jam "I Wonder If I take you home"




Straight out of Hell's Kitchen comes Joe Black. I am not much for remakes but at least he kept the PuertoRican flow throughout since Lisa Lisa is puertorican it kept the respect. It's intersesting I looked up Joe Black for some background info on him. I found that Joe Black was the first black pitcher to win a World Series in 1952.  Strapped for pitching Brooklyn Dodgers manager Chuck Dressen brought Black out of the bullpen and started him 3 times in 7 days in the 1952 World Series against the New York Yankees. He won the opener with a 6-hitter over Allie Reynolds, 4-2, then lost the 4th game, 2-0, and the 7th, 4-2.  Well Joe Black the rapper should get signed on this is a pretty good remake of the song. 




Next I wanted to post the original song by Lisa Lisa is of PuertoRican decent and was raised in New York, she later moved to Miami to attend high school. Lisa Lisa and Cult Jam "I Wonder if I take you Home"    Lisa was all over every radio station in 1985. You can look at this video and still feel how the passion in this song moves you.  This song hit the R&B charts where it peaked at #6, and then to the pop chart, peaking at #34 in summer 1985. The single eventually went gold.....I like Joe Black's remake but there is nothing like the original song...this was such a big hit!

No comments:

Post a Comment