Friday, August 19, 2011

Planningtorock "The Breaks" video


Ok some times I'm in the mood for some alternative type music or trance or house music.  I don't know what category this one falls into.  This video is one of the bizzare weird videos thats makes you say What the Hell!?? With that being said I have to say I am liking this song. Planning to Rock are a Swedish electronic music duo from Gothenburg, formed in 1999. They help fight againsy discrimination towards Romani people (gypsies) in Europe.  What I found the most fascinating about this band is their influences which include southern hip hop...WOW their music is no where near the genre of hip hop but its cool that they mentioned it. They named the following as influences:  Sonic Youth, Kate Bush, Le Tigre and Siouxsie and the Banshees, and also techno, grime and Southern hip hop. Source:Wikipedia.   As bizarre as the video is or creepy it may seem, at least this band stands against discrimination.  I give the song two thumbs up and the video is ok but it kinda scares me..LOL Enjoy!!

No comments:

Post a Comment