Friday, August 5, 2011

Johnny Gill-In The Mood


Its been 16 years since award winning, R&B veteran Johnny Gill released a solo album. Check out his new single, "In The Mood" the first track from his forthcoming album, Still Winning on Notifi Records. “In The Mood” was written by Gill, Ralph Stacey and Dave Young who has composed hits for Faith Evans, Toni Braxton and Mary J. Blige. The new album is set to be released this fall featuring production by Grammy Award Winning Producers Troy Taylor, Jimmy Jam and Terry Lewis, Bryan Michael Cox and Wyclef Jean.  After listening to the track and watching the video you scream at the computer screen..WHERE THE HELL YOU BEEN????? 


  Why did Johnny take a 16 year hiatus from music?? He should have never left. The video is pretty good, his voice is seasoned just right and he is back to the ballads.  I think I like Johnny sticking to the ballads.  I loved New Edition coming up and I am glad to see he is back!  I thought I saw a lil Trey Songz in the mannerism of Johnny but maybe that was my imagination.  I give the song and the video two thumbs way up! Enjoy!!!



No comments:

Post a Comment